I am not a science fiction fan. At all. I seriously tried to watch Star Wars for my dear hubby who puts up with way too many chic-flicks for his own good...but I just couldn't do it. There were all these weird creatures flying around...
I got online to search for idea's for his party, and found thousands. The only problem? I didn't have a clue in the world what they were saying. I kept reading these foreign words like Qui-Goon, Padawan, and Sith. In the midst of my confusion, I asked Todd who Tatooine was, and he informed me it was a place. No wonder I was lost.
I did find a few idea's that made sense to me (I can totally print out a mask online...) and I'll show those in my next post, but my biggest problem today? The cake.
I do not do cakes. Part of the problem is just natural INability, and the other part of the problem is that I am not willing to sacrifice so much time on something that will just be eaten. I did a google image search of Star Wars cakes (with Caleb by my side) and this is what we found:
Caleb really liked this thingy, whatever it is.
I'm looking at it thinking, "Is that a cake, or a countertop?"

I tried to talk him into this version instead, but he wasn't having it.

So we moved on and found this nice Yoda cake that he liked...

But this one was more my speed.

And I told him if I worked all day I might be able to come up with this...

Finally! A cake that I know I can do
as long as Wal-Mart carries the little guys on top...

But he liked this one better.

Todd felt confident in my abilities to do this one...
but we couldn't figure out what it was.

Then we found the millenium falcon. C'mon, if you made a cake that looked like this, you'd have professional pictures taken too.

Sorry, Caleb. No can do.
But don't worry, 'cause I KNOW I can do this one...
But, the store here doesn't carry any gray or black icing.So, here I am. It's 3:52 PM and my kid doesn't have a cake. And I just remembered that I forgot to make the "Jabba Jell-O". (Todd tells me it's a green guy that looks like a slug...how gross).
I have exactly one hour before I need to start the Tatooine Taco's.
I can't wait to see what I come up with.







3 comments:
The lightsaber cupcakes are my fave, how funny! Good luck with it all. And Happy Birthday Caleb!
Good luck. I actually like watching Star Wars. I would rather watch that than blues clues over and over again. I love the black lights and glow sticks idea....awesome. My kids would love that. You always have great ideas!
Leila Says:
It took me a long while to figure out those were lightsaber cupcakes. All I have to say is that I'm not going to let my kids look at your themed parties or else they might start getting ideas. Bad, complicated - ideas. :) I loved your Easter crafts and would LOVE a centerpiece like the tall white one with apples and eggs. The "tired of all the testosterone" comment cracked me up. Unfortunately, I can't use that response with Brian. He and the soon-to-be-dead rooster are the only guys around here.
Good luck with all. I enjoy popping in and reading your blog. Keep posting pictures of your quilts. I love the inspiration. I am going (cross your fingers) to the Quilt Festival in Chicago next week. I haven't quilted my 20 month old's baby quilt yet, but this might get me on the ball.
Leila
Post a Comment