Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the one with the flowered shirt

With all the bathroom finishing we've been doing, I haven't been able to do laundry for a little over a week. (today's gonna be a fun day, let me tell you...)

Todd went back to work yesterday wearing a shirt that he used to wear in Logan. Back in those days, he, and the other guys he worked with, were all about hawaiian shirts, khaki's, and in the summer he was even known to do therapy in sandals (closed toe, of course).

Everything went fine, yesterday, until lunchtime, when one of the teenage girls on his team stood up and said:

"Attention lunchroom! I would like direct your attention [to the center ring] to Todd, who is wearing FLOWERS and BUTTERFLIES on his shirt."

It wasn't entirely true...there are NO butterflies on this shirt...but it does fit into the hawaiian category in my opinion.

It was officially the last day for "the shirt".

So, this morning he got up and dressed *right*...in his boots, buckle, and snap shirt with western pockets.









Did I mention that my sister dressed her son like THIS for halloween?

7 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Poor guy! Ha ha ha :D

Mindy said...

I kinda like the flowered shirt! You should see some of Brandon's...

Sandra said...

He he. I wouldn't have even noticed the flowers if they weren't pointed out. Sorry about the laundry....If I miss just one day it's crazy!

Aaron Shaw said...

HAHA! Funny story poor Todd. Aaron will never own boots or western shirts. He wouldn't even buy a truck when we got here and got his Jeep instead he is very afraid of becoming "too Wayne County" I just find it funny.

The Mann Clann said...

I like his he-flower shirt! I vote he doesn't throw it out just yet.

mommymelb said...

That's so funny! I can't picture Todd in either flowered shirts, or cowboy stuff! :) But I still remember his red car!

Violadiva said...

Oh no! He can't give in to her emotional bullying! That totally defeats the purpose! He should wear the shirt at least once a week from now on, to prove that he really IS the manliest man on campus!