Sunday, April 12, 2009

We *almost* have another bathroom!

Todd took this past week off to work on our bathroom downstairs. It took the ENTIRE week (from 7:30 AM 'til 12:00 or 1:00 AM most days) but we are SO close to being finished.

I'm so glad my Mom took these "before" pics when she was visiting last Fall, because we didn't have ANY pictures from before.

When we moved in, there was only a toilet. No walls, no door, and no sink. Here it was:


Todd started framing it last October.

It still needs a major cleaning job, but here it is now:
I do not care if we ever do mudding and taping again. We hired a plumber to fix one leak that we couldn't fix, and an electrician to help us hook up and vent the fan/heater in the ceiling. Other than that, we did EVERYTHING ourselves.

We still have to caulk the shower, put a baseboard below it, and install a heater (it's backordered). We also need to figure out how to get the toilet hooked up, since the bolts are not high enough with the new floor.
We also still need to paint the shelves, and get a part to hook up the sink drain. The mirror came with our house (on the back of a 70's headboard. My dad got the light fixture at DI a few years ago.
I may even look forward to laundry now!
This was our best find. We got this heater/vent/light at DI for $10. It was still in the packaging. We looked it up online and found it for $135.

6 comments:

girlsmama said...

Well done! I like you hate mudding and taping. We redid our basement when we bought our current house as it had flooded with a couple feet of water and was left that way. :)

I hope you get the little things finished. We're not so good at that. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow, awesome work ya'll!

Cathy Brian said...

How would it be? I only have one Bathroom. I wish I almost had another.

Kristi Rowley said...

How awesome. Isn't it fun to see the before pictures and to see what you have accomplished!

Kristi Rowley said...

How awesome. Isn't it fun to see the before pictures and to see what you have accomplished!

mommymelb said...

Congratulations on your hard work! And I hope your new room helps you to love laundry, I don't think there's anything in the world that will help me like that! :)