Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I (almost) finished a project!


I've been working on this little quilt (it's 21" square) for a little over a month now, and except for the binding, it's done!

It's called Five Cent Fairy Garden (because you trace a nickel for all the berries) and it's hand appliqued and made completely out of homespun woven fabrics--from my stash. I didn't buy any new fabric for this one, although Vanessa donated a few of her woven scraps to "the cause".

It really is square, it just looks funny in the picture because it's on the back of my fluffy couch.

Sadly, like all of the quilts I do for myself, I whipped through the quilting as fast as I could so I could get it done between customer quilts. It's not my best work...but, I don't sit around staring at my quilting all day, so it's just not gonna matter.

My visiting teaching partner/quilter extraordinaire says that the "mosquito meander" that I stiched in the borders around the applique is my "signature stitch".

I prefer to think of the swirls in the center pieced section as my "signature stitch" but oh well. Mosquito's seem to be more fitting for my life right now :o)

9 comments:

V and Co. said...

OH i turned out so stinkin cute! i want to make mine now...or maybe not. maybe i'll just keep going on the bazillion projects that i still have going here first! when do you want to come over so we can get some sewing done?

Cathy Brian said...

Either way I'm impressed. How much do you charge for something like that? If that took you a month I'm guessing it's worth a lot. But it's adorable and I'm clueless about stuff like that. I love the colors. Do you do curtains? Or I should say window treatments I just want a little color over my three big picture windows.

Cathy Brian said...

Oh yeah, I hope everyones feeling better.

girlsmama said...

I love it! I like both of the quilting types. The swirl is great! So are the mosquitoes. :) Way to go on almost finishing! I love that feeling.

Mindy said...

I love both stitching patterns, and I still love my olive meander you did on my quilt. You are a gifted quilter... in a hurry or not! Oh, and I love the cowboy quilt you quilted for me... those snakes were the best! And I'm sure I'll love Brenda's quilt...

Trina said...

Felicia you are amazing. I know I've said it a million times before, but really... every time I see your quilts I am in awe all over again. It is so cute and I love both of the stitch patterns! So, so cute!!

Shell said...

Beautiful work. It reminds me of Pres. Uchdorf's talk in the Women's conference session where he said that creating things is one way we can be like God. Just look at what you can create! Amazing!

Cami said...

It looks great! Are you coming up north for any of the holiday season? We would love to see you guys!

smdc said...

Love the mosquito meander! I'm going to try it on my next project!
The applique looks great, too!