Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank You!

I am allergic to the post office.

I never go...unless I'm expecting something. So, a few days ago, when Todd emptied our box so that the poor post office lady could fit stuff in it again, I was completely surprised to get TWO packages!

My good friend Cami sent me this calendar (with room for making lists), and this absolutely adorable bottle of Heinz. We share our love of list-making, and the "right" brand of ketchup. She also sent two Idaho spud candy bars...but those are LONG gone, so I didn't get a picture. She will soon be moving from Idaho, to UTAH where she will only be three hours away, instead of nine. Hooray! Thanks Cami, for thinking of me. I miss you.

And then, my sister (who also happens to live in Idaho), sent me this cute little berry wreath to sit on the "shelf" of my lamp. It's perfect! She must've known that there wasn't a store within 200 miles where I could get such a thing.
My sister and I have never really fought. I think it's just because the six years between us didn't allow for us to have enough in common to fight about anything...but that's beside the point. Now she's expecting her second baby, and her husband is almost finished with grad school, so we're in the same boat.
I love you Char, and wish you lived closer so we could "play" together. Thanks for thinking of me.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Fun stuff! I didn't know there were boy and girl silverware. Ours are plain but I'm sure if we had flowered my boys would want something different.

Tina said...

Yay for packages!
I have a love/hate relationship with the post office, but it is always fun to get packages!

Mindy said...

I love your pinwheel quilt in that last picture. I'm really late on this pinwheel on white background craze going on in Loa... I need to jump on that bandwagon!

Charlotte said...

Um, how about I wish YOU lived closer, 'cause I don't know how I'd handle the middle-of-nowhere thing. :0)

Love you, too.