Sunday, November 09, 2008

The taste of defeat

Well, we voted. And I lost. There was only one vote for broccoli.

The winners are:

Pizza
Grapes
Root Beer
No Bake Cookies

All in all, we've had fun. We'll definitely do this again. Next time we'll have primary elections, where we narrow it down to two choices before the final vote.

We had a debate, which was very exciting, and then we talked to the kids about taking their vote seriously. They were supposed to consider cost, the time it would take to make, and whether or not it was healthy (and we covered all these things in the debate).

I don't think any of us will ever look at pizza again without thinking, "Pizza, pizza...ran, ran, ran".(Todd's poster said, "rah, rah, rah" but the font he used made it look like ran).The boys thought it was wildly funny.

We definitely made memories, and it didn't cost anything (we would've eaten dinner tomorrow anyway) so I'm calling it a success.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Felicia, you're amazing! I wish I was half as much fun as you are, and I know my kids really really wish it!

Sandra said...

That sounds so fun. I told Kevin about it and he wants to do it also. Sorry your broccoli didn't win :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

How fun...I'll have to try that some time. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

How fun...I'll have to try that some time. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

sorry about the double comment!

Tricia Lou said...

Shwee, you're one of the bestest moms I know.