Yesterday, when I poured Dillon his bowl of cereal, he asked me to get him a boy spoon.Until then, I wasn't aware that silverware had a gender.
But they do, and unfortunately, I seem to have a lot more girl silverware in my drawer (probably because when the kids set the table, they have been giving "boy" silverware to all the boys).
Since girls are in short supply at our house, I have all the flowered silverware I could ever need or want.
So, if any of you have any extra "boy" silverware that you want to send my way...feel free. We're running low.






9 comments:
When I was growing up we had 2 spoons that had long handles. They were universally known as the "right" spoon. I am not sure if that meant right- left or it was right as opposed to wrong. There were only 2 and there were 3 kids. Sometimes there were fights as to who would get to set the table to insure that you would get a right spoon. Tears were shed, punches thrown, and just look how we turned out.... :)
LOL!! I didn't know that silverware had a gender either. I think its hilarious though.
We have a lot of boy silverware. Brandon's grandpa picked it out when we got married, and I love it. Square and simple.
This is funny because after being at Amy's house one day Elena wanted some prettier silverware that our's. It had always been fine before, but once she saw something better, it wasn't quite good enough. Who knew kids cared so much about eating utinsels.
I'm pretty sure mine are boys... but how do you know for sure? Flowers are an obvious giveaway, but are there other indications for gender?
I'm with Char - is it like telling apart girl fudge from boy fudge?
I agree completely with Dillon.
Our kids are the same way! There is a fight every morning because of it! glad to be reassured my kids aren't the only crazy ones.
Sorry, this is probably after the fact (I just got our computer back and am catching up). But Emily does the same thing! Every morning she asks for a "girl spoon" and gives Amber the "boy" spoon. The plain ones or ones with flowers are girls and the thick stripy ones are boys...go figure!
Post a Comment