
Todd had two days off in the middle of last week, so we decided to go on a little family campout.
We forgot the oil for the pancakes, and Dillon arrived with only flip flops, but we managed to enjoy ourselves anyway.
As we were planning this little event, I imagined leaving our stresses behind, sitting in a camp chair, and enjoying nature while the kids entertained themselves with dirt and rocks.

The kids did a pretty good job of entertaining themselves, but for me and Todd it was really all just a big whirlwind of packing, setting up camp, fixing dinner, geocaching, fishing, s'mores, using the plop-drop, hanging on for dear life so as to not fall off the air mattress when someone else moved, not sleeping, making breakfast, taking down camp, fishing again, stopping for shakes, and un-packing.
**note to self: next time leave more than 24 hours for the event if I want to enjoy nature.

The boys had a great time walking on this "balance beam".
"Look, mom, I can do a twick!"

Our chair got attacked by a wild and ferocious animal during the night...
Oh, wait. It was just our dog. Heaven forbid we should take a family outing without the dog.

Oh, and we also played "Black Magic" and the boys were introduced to "The Great Tod-dah!" They were amazed at how Dad could read their minds.

This was taken in the spot where we found the geocache. We camped on a mountain that overlooks Capitol Reef. Usually the air is very clear, but it's hazy in the picture because of the fires in California.






3 comments:
Beautiful!! We might go camping tonight, and I'm sure it will be a whirlwind like yours was! Your boys are so cute!
Looks like so much fun. We need to take our kidos camping sometime. My kids would be in heaven. Hey I have an award for you over at my blog.
This is one of my favorite posts of yours...I loved how perfectly you captured the adventures of camping with 3 boys! Awesome pictures too. :)
Post a Comment