
Okay, sorry Vanessa, I know you hate this picture, but I'm so proud to be your friend that I had to post it.
Independence Day meant something different this year, because I have a close friend whose husband is currently serving overseas. I've had the chance to see, first hand, the sacrifices that these men and women AND their families are making for our freedom.
Honestly, this is only the second time I've seen her cry, and I see her nearly every day. Her strength is amazing and she "holds everything together" for her four little kids so well...I am in awe. She deserves a lot more than free tickets to the Stadium of Fire.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone out there who has ever served in the military, or been a family member who has sent their loved ones so far away.
And V, you are in my prayers every day.
Independence Day meant something different this year, because I have a close friend whose husband is currently serving overseas. I've had the chance to see, first hand, the sacrifices that these men and women AND their families are making for our freedom.
Honestly, this is only the second time I've seen her cry, and I see her nearly every day. Her strength is amazing and she "holds everything together" for her four little kids so well...I am in awe. She deserves a lot more than free tickets to the Stadium of Fire.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone out there who has ever served in the military, or been a family member who has sent their loved ones so far away.
And V, you are in my prayers every day.






10 comments:
aaaand now i'm crying again...honestly i cry all the time i just try to keep everyone in the dark of what a real mess i really am! (just special people like you get to see me let go a little...well until that picture in the paper!)
Felicia, I totally agree with this post! I thought of V so many times on the 4th, and shed a lot of tears thinking about her family's sacrifice. It does make it a lot closer to your heart when it's a friend... Love you, Vanessa!
Love you too, Felicia! :)
wow you totally just made me tear up...amen felicia on all of that. you are an amazing lady v. i was so glad that you at least got a little recognition on the 4th...you deserve it!
btw felicia...i love your quote of the day!
The song and picture, gave me goose bumps. I don't know how these amazing moms do it. I'm not sure I could. Corwin's boss and friend just got back from a 1 1/2 year deployment to Iraq, seeing troops in a pardade or hearing the Star Spangled Banner definitely has different meaning that is did before 9/11. Great post Felicia.
Amen to that!
I love military wives!! I was one for only 1 year and then Joe got out of the Marine Corp. My best friend is visiting me right now while her husband is finishing Officer training with the National Guard and then he may be sent to Iraq or wherever after that. She is amazing too. Thanks Vanessa and to your husband for your sacrifices!!!!!!!
Amen. (seriously, that's all I can say that will come out.) Love the posts below. I'm just now having time to get back into the blogging world!
thank you all for being so nice to me and my fam...i tear up reading your guys comments and i appreciate your kind words!
Post a Comment