
Those of you who have been reading our blog for awhile may remember our friends, Dave and Lori, whose daughter Alyssa was diagnosed with cancer in March. It's been a LONG summer for their little family, and until the last few weeks things were looking so good. She went through 4 or 5 rounds of chemo, and then surgery to remove what they could. They were planning to do a bone marrow transplant next.
After the surgery, she improved and they enjoyed a few good days at home before she started having fevers. It took a week or so and several trips to the clinic and Primary Children's before they discovered that the cancer had come back with a vengeance. In one week a mass in her chest grew, and spread to her abdomen. The doctors have given her NEXT to a 0% chance.
She is currently having a new round of aggressive Chemo, and if it does anything to the cancer, they will move to the most aggressive chemo they can. It will leave her extremely susceptible to any germs and she is almost guaranteed to be in the hospital with infections.
Our heart is breaking this morning for this good family. Todd and I have just been sobbing. There's nothing we can do but pray, and ask others to pray for her and her family. If any of you go to the temple any time soon, and could put her name in the prayer rolls at various temples, her name is Alyssa Chappell.






4 comments:
what a sweet friend you are! I'll remember her in my prayers!
i'm still crying...
How heartbreaking! I can't even imagine the pain they must be going through. I will try to make it to the temple this next week. Did you know you can call names into the temples to be put on the prayer roll if you can't make it there in person?
I can't even imagine. I read a novel about a family who went through that struggle and I sobbed through half of the book. You will have to keep us updated.
Post a Comment