Saturday, July 05, 2008

The morning after...


I opened my fridge this morning and found this.
Apparently someone (I wonder who??) decided he needed a midnight snack.
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th. We barbecued with our friends, and then did fireworks. We were waiting around for dark, but we got tired of the kids asking if it was time yet. What part of the word "dark" don't they understand? We finally decided that they wouldn't care whether it was dark or not, and if we went ahead with our fireworks show a little early, then we could all go to bed sooner.
So that's what we did.
By the end, the kids were all riding bikes in the driveway, and the "men" were having more fun with the explosives anyway.

3 comments:

girlsmama said...

I can tell it was a beautiful dish before the stray spoon (or fingers?) found it! We couldn't wait for dark at our house either.

Sandra said...

My little Pyro hubby had fun lighting fireworks too. We had a wonderful fourth! The jello still looks yummy!

Marci said...

that's so funny...that's exactly what we did. i am not sure how a 5 yr. old who tells me every night that it's not time to go to bed because it's not dark doesn't understand that concept on the 4th of july.