Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Apple Days

When I left Cache Valley a couple weeks ago, Grandma Great sent me home with a large box of apples from her tree. Thanks Grandma! I was able to add them to the few apples that survived the birds on our one apple branch.

Vanessa and I have spent the better part of two days peeling, coring, dicing, and canning 25 quarts of apple pie filling. Then I dehydrated some apples...and made apple turnovers...and a small pie...and some carmeled apples.

Thankfully, I am finished with apples for this year, but Vanessa still has a huge laundry hamper full. I wish her luck with the rest...

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow good job! I'm still awaiting for our apples. They still need maybe another week on the tree. I would love your recipe for apple pie filling! Oh and those pictures of Dillon are fun. He is sooooo cute

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Yummy!

Cathy Brian said...

Lot's of hard work, but GREAT feeling of accomplishment.


I hate doing apples!!!
But I'm gonna do some I love seeing all those filled bottles.

Anita said...

Can I just say, once again, YOU MAKE ME TIRED!!!!!!