Monday, October 12, 2009

Brayden's Bat Party

I got this blow up bat at the dollar store. It was the last one they had so I got the display model. We hung it on the ceiling fan, turned it on low, and it "flew" around our heads.

Brayden moved on to the Bear den and had his first meeting today after school. His webkinz bat, Fangs, is modeling his new neckerchief and slide:
Because of Todd's recent gum surgery, he couldn't wear bat teeth with the rest of us. It's just as well, though, because the grocery store only had 4 sets left anyway.

Grandma Graves gave Brayden this cool volcano lamp/toy that he saw (and loved) in the gift shop when we visited Mt. St. Helen's. She also gave him three books full of volcano facts, and he is thrilled to read and share them with us.

The arrow behind Brayden's head is part of a huge styrofoam target that we got Brayden to go with his archery set. (His brother's did not shoot him in the neck...)

Todd has been waiting for weeks to play Star Wars battleship with Brayden. I only know the millenium falcon, but there's a bunch of other good guy and bad guy ships too.

Dillon is already showing off on Brayden's new skateboard.

Grandma and Grandpa Salisbury gave him this Halloween shirt with bats on it...

and Lego Star Wars for the Wii. They can't wait to play all the levels on this one.
Caleb and Dillon gave him a Lego Bionicle, and Grandma Great gave him money and he's dying to go to the store and pick out another Bionicle to share with his brothers.

The battleship game is over, and the boys just used their flashlights to hunt for plastic bats in our dark basement. Now it's time to sing and eat cake.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

FUN!!! I bet your kids love all that you do for their birthdays.

Violadiva said...

I'm envisioning a Brayden-on-a-skateboard picture being a cross between the soccer story and the axe picture.

Charlotte said...

I love that you go all out for your kids birthdays. It's very Lorelai Gilmore of you.

I have absolutely no idea what a "Bionicle" is and I'm suddenly very grateful my children are still young.

P.S. I think your hair looks gorgeous in the bat teeth picture.

Mindy said...

You know it's been too long since I've seen you when I can't believe how long your hair is! You look beautiful, bat teeth and all. ;)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... your kids are the luckiest kids in the world. :)

Trina said...

I love the flying bat! You are awesome.

Julia said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Great blog you have here. Youve done a great job!