I LOVED the movie. The boys liked it, but they said they "liked the book better". The main character in the movie loves science, and he reminded me of Brayden.
After the movie we went to the grocery store and I let the boys pick one of the meals that had been in the movie. They chose hot dogs (with the mustard squiggled on).
Here they are, re-reading the book and discussing what was different. I was going to make no-bake cookies and use my meatball scoop to make them look like meatballs, but the movie showed lots of doughnuts with sprinkles, and the kids chose doughnuts instead.
(Oh yes, I did!)
Today we had our first sewing lesson! A few weeks ago we were at Walmart and the boys found some Seattle Seahawks fabric. They just knew that Dad would love it, so I told them we could buy some for a pillowcase if THEY made it.
The "15-minute pillowcase" pattern took more like an hour and 15 minutes, but I was very proud. They did a great job. My machine has a button to make it go at half speed and that was really nice. There are only three seams in this pillowcase. Brayden and Caleb each did half of the first seam, and then they each did one by themselves.






5 comments:
Felicia,
The plant with rollers is the FUNNIEST picture I have seen in a very long time!!
Awesome pillow case too. What a GREAT Mom you are.
Ha ha ha, I can't believe your primping plant! :)
And that pillowcase turned out amazing...like mother, like sons!
Thats awesome that you had the boys do it. Great for them to learn. LOL about the plant. You have to let us all know how Todd reacts.
Sometimes I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to be fun...
That's amazing that you had the PATIENCE to let the boys make the pillow case. I'd have been in too much of a hurry to get through it. Good for you.
I cracked up so hard when I read that Brayden needed to be more masculine...you are hilarious. Such a good mom to teach her boys to sew!!! Want to teach mine? And me while you are at it? :-)
Post a Comment