Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Popcorn balls and rust



We made popcorn balls yesterday.

We made them the same as you would for Rice Krispie Treats, except you add 3 Tbsp. dry Jello powder, and you use popcorn rather than Krispies.

They were a hit.

Dillon got to see the air popper "fwow up" for the first time ever and he squealed with delight. No more microwave popcorn at our house.

My favorite part of the whole experience was while the balls were cooling, and Dillon asked,

"Can I have a popcorn ball that smells so sweet?"

He melts my heart. And he got all the sweet popcorn balls he wanted.

*********************

The other day, I took my apple corer/peeler/slicer out of the dish drainer and noticed that it had some rust on it. I commented about it, and Brayden knowingly said,

"Yeah...iron and oxygen will do that."

And then it hit me. I am not smarter than a third grader.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

My apple corer/peeler/slicer is starting to rust too. Does he know how to fix it? he he.

Mindy said...

I forgot I was going to make air popped popcorn for the kids today... I guess they're in bed now, so maybe tomorrow. ;) I love the things your smart kids say!

Cathy Brian said...

I never saw it that way.
the "Fwow up" part I mean.

I love Brayden! I love "his own" world. And I love how he inconspicuously opens up and sneaks in to peoples hearts.(mine anyway)

Charlotte said...

Apparently I am not smarter than a 3rd grader either.

I'm gonna have to try the popcorn balls. I actually have marshmallows right now, too. Did you use lime powder? Does any flavor work?