Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Bad Hair Bonsai

Once upon a time, my dear, bonsai loving husband brought home this cute pony-tail palm. I loved the curliness of the leaves. It made me smile every time I looked at it.


And then the tree grew...

...into this monstrosity that sits in my kitchen window
and growls at me while I wash the dishes.

It needs a haircut.

And a perm.

I told Todd he needed to do something with it, and he said he'd take care of it on the day that he took care of my beloved apple branch.

CHAPTER TWO

Last night, I had the kids bring in a load of wood to light our first fire of the season, but I got busy and never started the fire. When Todd got home, I told him about forgetting to light the fire, and he took one look at the wood pile and mocked me, saying: "What were you going to use to keep that fire going? Those logs are too big. You need some smaller pieces."

And without missing a beat I replied,
"I could chop down the ponytail palm..."

And he shut up.
And we lived sarcastically ever after.
The end.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

heehehooohhoohahhahaha hee heoohhooo can't. stop. laughing. :)

Sandra said...

HA HA!

Kristi Rowley said...

Ohhh! So Funny!

Becky G said...

I love being sarcastic with my husband. It is one of the only ways I can beat him! Sometimes he is quite shocked at what I come up with as Todd probably was with you!

The Mann Clann said...

Thanks! I needed a smile this morning.

Nicole said...

At least keep the tree for Halloween!!! So funny! Glad your back to posting, I was missing you. I'm so jealous of all your apple pie filling. I didn't do hardly any canning this year and I really missed it, or maybe just miss my pantry looking full. If I find Todd a job will you come move by me so we can craft and can and sew together?