Saturday, October 17, 2009

Re-arranging

Thank you all for your sweet comments on the last post. I really am fine for the most part, but I actually thought I might be pregnant this last month so it was disappointing to find out otherwise. Combine that with the memories of losing my father-in-law, and my "baby" turning 9, and I DID need a good cry.

I'm amazed at how therapeutic this blog has become. It's been a good thing for me...mostly because I can look back and see all the blessings I have, but also because I can post some of the harder stuff and it helps me to move on.

I've got a big day of cleaning/re-arranging ahead of me but I can't wait to post what we've been up to (mostly because that will mean it's done). Vanessa gave me a bunch of decor for my house in exchange for quilting, and I finally convinced Todd to switch out the wood-burning stoves.

Now there's ash everywhere you turn, and my table and counters look like the "craft graveyard" aisle at the DI, but I'm ready to attack.

Wish me luck...

4 comments:

Trina said...

I agree blogging is therapeutic and I am so glad I get to read yours! :)

Good luck with the cleaning. My mother-in-law is coming to stay for the weekend and I am trying to get our house clean too. My 9 year old had a party last night and our counters/table look like a Princess/Barbie war took place. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Good luck sweet girl!

Charlotte said...

The craft graveyard aisle is one of my favorites. It's usually my first stop in DI.

Can't wait to see what you've been up to.

Sandra said...

Oohhh. I want to see how everything turns out. With your creativity I'm sure whatever the graveyard produces will be amazing. Good luck.