Todd and I were intrigued to learn that there were no bats in Australia. Turns out he really meant ANTARCTICA. That made more sense.
For breakfast we ate pancakes with "Plum Nectar" (which is really plum syrup...yeah did I mention that after I finished canning apples, V called to say she received a free box of plums? So we made plum raspberry jam, and I made plum syrup)
I thought it would be fun to throw rubber bats in the air and shoot them with our nerf guns, but Brayden does not approve.
I found a piece of purple bat fabric at our grocery store that I used for a runner. The confetti is Runts candy (for the fruit bats among us)
The bat droppings are whoppers. The treat bucket is a soup can spray painted black with wings. Inside there is a dollar store flashlight (for our bat hunt later tonight), bug fruit snacks, a York peppermint patty shaped like a bat, and some plastic bat teeth.
Thanks to my Dad for teaching me how to fold a fancy napkin...who knew that 20 years later it would come in handy...and look so bat-like.






7 comments:
Did Brayden do any research about bats liking music? I could send him a photo from when I found a bat in the Steinway 6 years ago (and yes, I still have the bat preserved in a jar!)
Wish him a Happy Birthday for us!!!
So cute, Felicia!
Er...I mean scary...maybe batty...
Um how about cool?!?
You amaze me. And exhaust me just thinking about all the effort that goes into that! I wish you could throw my next birthday party!
WOW!!!!
For our next birthday, I'm calling YOU for ideas! (Lydia's is in Feb so be thinking!) It looked like a lot of fun!
I love it! You are such a great mom! I like his research and how creative you were in making his "Bat" party so realistic. :) You make me smile... I am glad I am back in the blogging world... I need your daily doses. :)
you are amazing! and you do it all without a walmart 2 minutes away...even more amazing! you have some extremely lucky boys.
Post a Comment