Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Memories

The second week of October holds a lot of memories for me.

Way back in 5th grade two of my close friends were seriously injured in a bus accident during this week.

Nine years ago I became a mother. I think it was the happiest month of my entire life.

Five years ago I had my appendix out while I was 20 weeks pregnant with Dillon.

Three years ago I was in Washington saying goodbye to my father-in-law, who was suffering from cancer.

A year ago I found out that my pregnancy wasn't meant to be, and I was going to miscarry. Again.

I never thought that a year later I would still have empty arms, but "Aunt Flo" showed up today, right on time.

I got emotional about it all tonight, and set out to find the perfect song. I wish I could play it, but the lyrics will have to do. It is called "Just Let Me Cry" by Hilary Weeks.
I believe that everything happens for a reason.
We're not just tossed by the wind and left in the hands of fate.
But sometimes life sends a storm that's unexpected,
And we're forced to face our deepest pain.

And when I feel the heartache begin to pull me under,
I dig my heels in deep and I fight to keep my ground.
Still at times the hurt inside grows stronger,
And there's nothing I can do but let it out,

So just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
But the pain I feel
Isn't goin' away today
So just let me cry
'til every tear has fallen
Don't ask when
And don't ask why
Just let me cry

When I agreed that God could put this heart inside me
I understood that there would be a chance that it would break
But I know He knows exactly how I'm feelin'
And I know in time He'll take the pain away

But for now just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
But the pain I feel
Isn't goin' away today
So just let me cry
'til every tear has fallen
Don't ask when
And don't ask why
Just let me cry

I've felt joy, the kind that makes my heart want to sing
And so my tears are not a surrender--I'll feel that way again
But for now, for this moment...

Just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
But the pain I feel
Isn't goin' away today
So just let me cry
'til every tear has fallen
Don't ask when
And don't ask why
Just let me cry

I believe that everything happens for a reason.

7 comments:

Dedra said...

Felicia,

I enjoy reading your blog so much! You always have something funny when I am down and there have been times when I've been feeling a little too prideful and you've helped me to see reality. Thank you for both kinds of experiences.

I'm sorry for your empty arms. I don't know what it's like to miscarry but I do know what it's like to be dissapointed that the baby you KNOW is missing from your family is still not on his or her way.

Thank you for sharing your memories.

Trina said...

I love that song. I believe it is right... everything does happen for a reason and sometimes we just need to cry. I hope you get that chance and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Your family is so beautiful inside and out. I think of you when I need a smile or encouragement to make it through the hard times. You have been a light to me on so many days. I will pray for you today. :)

Mindy said...

Thanks for the cry... I agree, sometimes we just need to. I'm so sorry about your babies you never get to hold. My heart hurts for you. I wish this October could've been another great news one.... love you.

Sandra said...

Hugs for you here! I have never heard that song before but the lyrics are beautiful! I love the last line. Everything happens for reason. My heart goes out to you!

Charlotte said...

Love you.

mommymelb said...

That is a beautiful song, I'm gong to have to listen to it.

And I wish we were closer, I'd bring over a cheesecake and I'd cry with you!

Marci said...

have a dang good cry...sometimes that's just what a girl needs to do .;D sendin some love and hugs your way!