We will definitely be making these over and over again for years to come.
Combine in sauce pan:
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Heat over medium heat until mixtures become syrupy (I just brought it to a boil to let the sugar disssolve)
add 1/4 cup butter to the sauce and let it sit while you make the dumpling dough.
Dumplings:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup shortening
Cut in shortening with pastry blender
Add ice to 3/4 cups of water
Add water to pastry mixture a spoonful at a time
Roll out to a size that will cover your apple (the dough is sticky...like the dumplings you'd drop on your stew...so I had to pat mine out on a floured surface rather than roll it)
Make a cinnamon and sugar mixture
Place a peeled and cored apple in center of piece of dough
Spoon in sugar and cinnamon mixture add a dab of butter
Seal up apple and place in baking dish.
Heat oven to 375
Pour syrup mixture over apples in baking dish.
(syrup thickens as it bakes)
Bake 35 min






3 comments:
Okay, I'm convinced... I'm going to try them soon!
I was wondering if you could email me your sisters blog so that I can put on my hand out for wednesday?
-Julia DeLeeuw
Ohh I can't wait to try them.
Post a Comment