1. It HAS to be Heinz. It started when I was pregnant with Brayden. I thought I was craving Wendy's french fries, but it turns out it was only the ketchup. Since then I cannot buy anything else. The worst is when I go to a restaurant and they bring out "Fancy" ketchup from SYSCO.....YUCK!
2. I do not like the colors purple, or teal...but for some reason there are two or three teal things in my closet. You'll be hard pressed to find anything purple in my house besides the grape juice concentrate in the freezer.
3. I cannot leave my house a mess upstairs, and go down to quilt. I also cannot start making dinner in a messy kitchen. I think this is completely normal, but my husband suggested it as my biggest quirk...and he cuts his toenails with scissors.
4. I only watch TV shows that make me laugh. I don't watch any of those lawyer shows, mysteries, CSI, or anything where you have to pay close attention in order to know what's going on. I like simple cheesy comedies like Yes Dear, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office, Arrested Development, and old stuff like Home Improvement, The Cosby Show, Growing Pains, etc. I just noticed that all of them (except The Office) have a family involved...I guess that's what I like. And I usually have to be doing something else while I "watch" or I'll fall asleep.
5. I very rarely like science fiction or fantasy. I've never seen or read Harry Potter (I have set a goal to TRY it, though). I also haven't seen Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or Superman/Spiderman/Batman, etc. I tried to get into Star Wars...it just isn't gonna happen. I think I liked the first Spiderman movie alright, but I haven't seen the rest of them. I DID manage to make it through the "vampire" books, but I didn't think they were all they were hyped up to be. I was entertained enough to read them, though, and fairly quickly at that.
6. I do not like cold cereal. I can force myself to eat Life cereal while I'm pregnant (you know for all the vitamins and stuff), but other than that, I prefer a Slim-Fast shake, or last night's leftovers for breakfast. I DO like oatmeal, Zoom, and Cream of Wheat.
7. I would rather have a second helping of dinner, than dessert, any day. Every now and then I'll get a craving for a Snickers bar, or a grasshopper shake, and I do LOVE homemade peanut butter bars, but most of the time I'd rather have vegetables. My weakness is stuff like gravy, cream sauces, stuff smothered in cheese, and meat. I also like liver, and I couldn't live without onions.
8. I am not a cookie mom. I think they're a pain to make, and not worth the effort. If my hubby and kids didn't eat them, they'd probably sit there and go dry because they are not tempting to me, and definitely not worth the calories. On the rare occasion that I make my mom's famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I leave the chocolate chips out of half of the dough, and I just eat the oatmeal ones. The two exceptions to the cookie rule are my Grandma Salisbury's white drop cookies with her famous browned butter icing, and my sis-in-law Melece's famous sugar cookies (w/out frosting). I will eat these 'til they're gone. I also like my mom's homemade raisin filled cookies, but they only appear at her house once in a navy blue moon. I asked her for the recipe in college, and when I finished writing it all down...there was NO WAY I was going to that much work for a cookie.
8. I am not a cookie mom. I think they're a pain to make, and not worth the effort. If my hubby and kids didn't eat them, they'd probably sit there and go dry because they are not tempting to me, and definitely not worth the calories. On the rare occasion that I make my mom's famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I leave the chocolate chips out of half of the dough, and I just eat the oatmeal ones. The two exceptions to the cookie rule are my Grandma Salisbury's white drop cookies with her famous browned butter icing, and my sis-in-law Melece's famous sugar cookies (w/out frosting). I will eat these 'til they're gone. I also like my mom's homemade raisin filled cookies, but they only appear at her house once in a navy blue moon. I asked her for the recipe in college, and when I finished writing it all down...there was NO WAY I was going to that much work for a cookie.
9. I can wiggle my right ear, and most of my scalp without touching it. I also have a few synesthetic tendencies, but I'm not going to go into that. Some things are better left unsaid.






6 comments:
We have so much in common except I have a major sweet tooth. I have had your grandma's cookies with the brown butter icing. I think I really need that recipe. You gave me the recipe for the icing. I am still working up the courage to try it:)
Those are so fun to learn more about each other. I'm shocked you would rather have a second helping than dessert. Anyway I was wondering what program you used to do Braydens Baptism invites. I'm looking to do something like that for Danika. I haven't ventured into any digital scrapbooking or things like that so if it's easy I'll try it.
hmm if i were to list mine i think my blog would go on "overload" with too many words...and even if you have those quirks i still like you! :)
How did I not know some of this stuff about you? :) I love everything you posted and I want to see youwiggle your ear someday!
:) I am number 7, no doubt. Down to every word. I can't believe Brayden is 8 already! But then again, so is Brindley.
I totally agree with #1...there's nothing like Heinz. Other than that, we're mostly opposites on the others: I love purple, I love drama/mystery shows, I love cereal (not the sugary kinds though), and I love cookies. I do agree with you on the sci-fi stuff though. :)
Post a Comment