Friday, October 17, 2008

It's all over

I had the D&C this morning, and everything went smoothly. I didn't get sick from the anesthesia, and I refused the percocet since I'd rather be in pain, than have nausea. If anyone would like some percocet, I DO have a $2500 bill that I need to pay now....just kidding!

The picture I chose, is simply because I feel like I've had my insides scraped out with a spoon....and because this guy makes me laugh :o) I will most certainly be a little softer when I carve my jack-o-lantern this year.

I can't tell you how much I appreciated the doctor (Blackett), all the nurses, and the anesthesiologist (Dr. Larson) at the Cache Valley Specialty Hospital. If I ever live here again, I will most certainly do any procedure I can at this hospital. Everyone was absolutely wonderful. The nurses had Todd laughing the whole time we were waiting this morning.

When the anesthesiologist asked me if this was my first pregnancy, I thought he was going to fall off his chair when I answered, "no, it's my seventh".
I guess someday I will appreciate looking young.

It reminded me of the time when my friend Mindy, and I, took our Beehives to the Logan temple to do baptisms for the dead (we were leaders of the 12 year old youth group for our church). We all crowded into the main area by the desk, and the worker looked at us and asked, "Do you girls have any leaders with you?" I guess Mindy and I both looked about twelve :o)
Do you remember that, Mindy?

Each miscarriage has been difficult, but I have to say that it was harder before I had any kids. For those of you out there who are suffering from recurrent miscarriages, and don't have any children, just try to have hope. I know how hard it is because I have been there, and they take a lot longer to "get over". Everything in your life changes when you see that little "plus" sign....and everything changes again when it doesn't work out.

I still remember each of my miscarriages, and the days that they happened, and the days that I was due, but I have my three precious little boys to keep me going. I am so grateful for them, and so grateful that things went well today, so that I'll be able to watch my Brayden be baptized tomorrow morning.

9 comments:

Cami said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! I am starting to appreciate that I look young. I didn't get carded the last time I bought spray paint at wal-mart...I think you have to be at least 16 :) Although, I was at the store with Mari and the cashier thought I looked too young to have a three year old. I didn't even mention to her that I have a seven year old at school.

Anonymous said...

I love you Felicia. I was your beehive when you had your first miscarriage and it hit me hard. I have always taken a special interest in you and you have always been my role model since I was a little girl. I still admire you to this day. You are such a strong woman.

girlsmama said...

:) I'm glad it's done. I know what you are feeling and am so happy you found a hospital and staff that made you comfortable. I'm glad you are well. I hope you and your family have a superb day tomorrow. Love, J

Julie said...

I'm glad everything went smoothly. Hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Tina said...

Glad to hear that its over, and that things ran smoothly. You are a strong woman!
And congrats to Brayden today!

Bjarnson Family said...

Felicia glad everything went well. Do they know why you keep having these miscarriages? I have had two and done multiple test but they cant find anything wrong.

Shell said...

Glad to hear that it went well. Now that they know there was a baby in there, does that make any difference in how things will work out next time?

Mindy said...

I'm glad things went smoothly, and I think it's good that you decided to go with the D&C. I'm still so sad for you, though... some things are just hard.

I do remember that time with the Beehives! I still laugh about it... although I don't think I could pass for 12 anymore. ;) I have shocked a few people, though, when I tell them I have a 12 year old daughter! Sometimes it even shocks me. ;)

mommymelb said...

I love you Felicia. I am glad things are finished, and everything went okay for you!