Tuesday, October 14, 2008

second ultrasound

We had a second ultrasound this afternoon, which confirmed that there is no baby. All I can say is that it's better to know, than to wonder. I was way past the point of caring about the cost...I just wanted to know.

Tomorrow I'm going to look into the pro's and con's of a D&C. If anyone has any experience there, I'd love to hear about it.

13 comments:

Scott and Andrea said...

I am so sorry. I hope Brayden's baptism goes well. Call me if you need anything.

Julie said...

I just liked having it over with instead of it hanging over my head.

Cami said...

I am so sorry. On a brigher note: I have something special for you. I can't wait to mail it to you. It made my day to find it.
Have a wonderful time it Cache Valley! Please eat at the Indian Oven for me. I have been craving it! Lamb Kurma is my most favorite with garlic naan..... my mouth is watering just thinking about it:)

mommymelb said...

I am so glad you have some closure. You are in my thoughts daily. Let me know if there is anything I can do...

smdc said...

I've been thinking and praying for you...

girlsmama said...

I agree, it's nice to know. As for the D&C I've had one. It was better for me because it was over. I got a fun little drug called Versed, for the the procedure, not exactly being under, but you don't feel or remember anything. You bleed a little afterwards, and it's a little painful. I'd recommend having help for a day or two after. But maybe I'm just a wuss! But it's over. And for me that was well worth it. I couldn't deal with the waiting and the possibility of having to have a D&C anyways. So I just went ahead with the procedure and have always been grateful I did. My prayers and thoughts are with you...call if you need to.

Violadiva said...

I'm so sorry that this is the final answer, but I'm really glad to hear that you are at peace with the ordeal. I'd feel extra worse about it if your didn't feel like Heavenly Father was looking after you. My mom had this procedure when I was about 8. I don't think she loved it, but it worked and she was able to get pregnant again (3 more times, actually...)

Anonymous said...

Hey Felicia,
I am probably the last person you thought you would hear from but I want to tell you that I am sorry. I have had a D&C before and so has my sister. I think it is a very good thing, then you don't have to wonder how long you are going to bleed and how much. Good luck!
Hollie Jenkins

Sandra said...

I have never had a D&C but there was one instance where I wish I would have. I ended up in the emergency room from leftover tissue.

Marianne said...

Felicia~

Sending you {HUGS} today and wishing you peace and comfort.

Carolyn Seeholzer said...

Felicia,

I have been following your story, I am so sorry. We are remembering you in our prayers. You have done so many amazing things on your blog, you are very talented.

Carolyn

Shell said...

Felicia-

I'm sorry the news couldn't have been better. Hoping you find comfort and a sense of peace through the next little while, and hopefully there'll be some good news soon that we can celebrate with you!

Jo-Anne said...

I am so sorry, Felicia. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.....