Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brayden's 8th Birthday (OR) Felicia is drowning in a sea of testosterone


The birthday boy, saving the day.
I got the (brand new) costume on ebay for 99 cents.

The display. The dollar store was packed full of Spiderman stuff,
so I gave myself a $10 limit, and went to town. My mom used to go all out for our birthdays...blowing up that balloon and taping it to the ceiling above our chair.
I had a lot to live up to. :o)


Brayden dramatically collapsed when he saw the display.He got his scout stuff...
...and a scooter!

He asked for strawberry milk (yuck!), which we had with

muffins and oranges (his favorite food).


The boys blew their party blowers(?) until they were so full of spit they fell apart. Always a hit.

Spiderman vs...the green leprechaun??

"Web slinging" with silly string. Yes, Mom, they are wearing shorts, and yes it's freezing cold outside. Luckily, it only took about 30 seconds.

I bought silly string for each of the kids (make that 3 of the kids...the 34 yr. old was a bit upset at being left out). So, he "helped" Dillon....while wearing his SUIT PANTS!@#!

We got trick candles, but our Spiderman was too smart.

He blew them all out, and they didn't re-light.

I had never made, or even tried, a red-velvet cake, but it reminded me of Spiderman, so we did it. Not bad, just...not chocolate. Todd made the cream cheese icing.

Here are the boys, playing with fire, trying to figure out why the trick candles didn't re-light, and what would happen if they burned the entire candle??

As I left to come downstairs to download these pictures, I heard: "What would happen if we lit our eyebrows on fire?"

Heaven help me.

4 comments:

mommymelb said...

you handle all the testerone so well! I am impressed with all the spiderman stuff. I'm sure it's a birthday he'll never forget!

Unknown said...

so awesome. i can not believe how big your boys are. brayden was in my nursery class when we lived in greenfield ward. how time flies. he won't forget this one. you did a great job

girlsmama said...

At my nephew's 2nd birthday he lit his eyebrows on fire while blowing out his candles. I don't think it was thought out though...

Happy becoming a mom day to you and happy birthday to Brayden.

Justin said...

Happy b-day to your boy!! The big 8!! You guys look like you are having fun!!