On Saturday night, I went to the sink to wash a spatula so I could use it to frost Brayden's birthday cake, and noticed that Todd had re-filled our soap dispenser that had run out of dish soap. So I thanked him.He looked at me funny, and then said:
Today I ran power to the bathroom downstairs, hooked up an outlet and three light switches, installed two light fixtures, installed a new faucet in the bathroom upstairs, and made icing for Brayden's birthday cake....and you're thanking me for re-filling the soap dispenser?
But see, the thing that he doesn't get, is that re-filling the soap dispenser saved me a few minutes when I was tired, and I was grateful. I probably would've thanked him for changing the toilet paper roll too....but that didn't happen :o).
I am ALSO grateful that he did all that other stuff, because we are well on our way to a second bathroom.
Thank you Todd! I am so grateful for all you do for us, but especially the little things, like scraping the frost off the van window in the morning, getting up early to light the fire so our house is warm when we get up, and throwing in loads of laundry, or remembering to rotate it when I forget. 

You are my "happy thought" and I love you for...you.






3 comments:
Thats cute! I probably would noticed the same thing. I focus on all that I do or need to get done and so what he does around the house to help out gets pushed behind. What a fun birthday, sorry I missed the last post. The cake looks fun, I've never tried a red velvet cake either. It looks good!
I have been guilty of thanking for the "little things" instead of the major things too...
If he did that to me, I'd stop doing the big things I think... :)
I love the hair!
Post a Comment