Tomorrow morning I will be having a D&C. I went to a pre-op apptointment today and I feel good about it. The horrible situation that my Dr. at home described (the reason he doesn't like to do D&C's, and the reason I was worried about it) is apparently VERY rare. Dr. Blackett, who is on call for my doctor here in Logan, is performing the procedure. I really liked her, so that is especially nice. She didn't try to talk me out of my decision; she fully supported it. She saw me during her lunch hour today, and was even willing to work around my hair appoinment! I felt like she really cared about what I was going through.
She did a third ultrasound, which showed that there WAS a baby...it just stopped growing at 6 weeks and 1 day. This is what happens when you have a "real" ultrasound in a "real" city with a "real" doctor. At home I couldn't get them to do a vaginal ultrasound, so things don't show up as well. All we could see was an empty sac. I was relieved to have one last ultrasound (by an OB/GYN) before going through with this.
Todd has to go out of town for work next week, so I am glad that this will all be over. I will be 10 weeks along tomorrow, and that is long enough to feel tired and pregnant when it's all in vain. Thank you to everyone who has called or e-mailed or commented about your experiences. It is so nice to have such a large support system.
I am now going to go gag on my toothbrush for the last time with this pregnancy, and hopefully get some sleep.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Felicia. I have had two D&C due to my miscarriages. Its not a very difficult processure however it can end up being very painful. Just make sure you take it easy because that is the only thing that really helped with the pain. I am so sorry for everything.
Cammie Bjarnson
Praying for you that all goes as well as possible. By the way, Logan is a happier place with you here. :) See you Saturday.
I'm thinking about you this morning. I'm glad you got to see a "real" doctor and they're taking care of you! I wish I could help in some way.
I'm praying for you this morning and hoping all is well.
I hope all goes well. We too will be praying for you. LOL about being in a "real" city. I grew up in a small town so I find that funny. We only had a clinic which was a joke.
I'm glad you were able to get all the info you needed to make the best decision. I hope it all goes smoothly just take it easy. You are in our prayers.
Post a Comment