Friday, September 05, 2008

Projects this week

A year ago we took a half wall out of our dining area. This week I FINALLY finished mudding, taping, texturing and painting the gaping hole. If you look closely, you can tell, but I'm pretty happy that it turned out as well as it did.Here's a picture from last summer where you can see the half wall. I haven't missed it once.


We put a new window in the bathroom and it was a tiny bit too big, so we had to rip out the sheetrock that surrounds the window. I wish I had a before picture, but after the window was installed, Todd put in new sheetrock, and replaced the metal corner thingy, and then we went to work doing the mudding and stuff. Look at my nice corner...not the part that needs to be sealed :o).
This new crock for my cooking utensils is actually a peanut butter jar (plastic) that I spray-painted. Even Todd thought it was a ceramic crock until he got close.
Todd thinks this is blasphemy, but I don't care. This is MY hammer. I used to keep it with my cooking utensils so I always knew where it was, but it was a little too heavy for the PB jar.

I couldn't find another place to keep it in my tiny kitchen, so I wrapped fabric around it and hung it on the wall. I guarantee Todd will not be using it and I will always know where to find it :o).


6 comments:

Charlotte said...

I want cute pattern-patter binders on my kitchen counter, too! And I totally would never have guessed it was a peanut butter jar.

The hammer, though... that's pushing it, even for me. :0) True, you will always know where to find it.

mommymelb said...

I think I'm going to wrap my tools with fabric, just to keep David away from them. (Like he doesn't have enough of his own!) I love your corner, and missing half wall, and your PB jar! It's awesome!

Cami said...

I wish wrapping sissors in fabric worked the same way. I think I have made enough threats to keep Travis from my sewing sissors.

Mindy said...

Spray painting a peanut butter jar? I NEVER would've thunk it! And look at it! Amazing! And unbreakable!! I need to get some spray paint. I like the hammer. :)

Sandra said...

The jar looks awesome, I wouldn't have guessed that it was a peanut butter jar.

girlsmama said...

I bought all pink tools so my hubby would leave them be. They're even in a pink tool bag. Guess where I found it last week? In his jeep. Maybe I'll try the fabric...

I love our binders! Is it fabric or papper?