Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Todd is not a brown noser anymore!

Ever since Todd was two years old, he's had a mole on the end of his nose. He's always hated it...being called brown-noser, or "the north star" by mean kids on the playground. So you can imagine his joy, when he recently went to have his teeth cleaned, and both the dentist AND the hygienist recommended that he have it checked.

Four days before his scheduled appointment, our dermatologist and most of his staff were tragically killed in an airplane crash. Todd was quick to call the office and leave a message saying, "Don't worry about me...you've got bigger things to worry about." But I know he was disappointed to keep "the north star" around for longer.

After a bit of searching, we discovered that there was a dermatologist that comes to Gunnison from Provo, so Todd met him there (a little over an hour away). The dermatologist didn't think it looked so bad, but he could tell that Todd really wanted it gone, so he said, "lets do a biopsy..." (probably so he could bill it to our insurance) and then he cut the whole thing off :o).

Todd goes running any time I try to get near him with the camera (I can't imagine why??) so I had to do a little photoshop-ing so you could see what he looks like now :o)

4 comments:

mommymelb said...

Awesome photoshop job. Congratulations Todd! I hope the biopsy was normal!

Nicole said...

That is so sad about the other dermatoligist. I probobly spelt that way wrong, you think I'd know how to spell it I've seen so many onf them. I never even noticed a brown spot on his nose, but congrats to Todd! I'm pretty lucky, I never get very sick when I'm pregnant. As long as I eat constantly which I've never seemed to have a problem with. Did you already have the BFF Gold Card Award, is it from me or did you already have it?

Violadiva said...

take the picture when he's sleeping.

Becky G said...

Forget the mean kids on the playground, his siblings were probably the meanest. You're still a brown noser to me, Wacky Hubba Bubba.