We got a screamin' hot deal at Wal-Mart the other night on curtain rods. They were $2.50 a piece. In my online searching for idea's, I had seen panels hanging from three seperate rods, and thought it might work with my windows. When I saw the rods for so cheap, my mind was made up.
Then I went over and bought three panels in a color called "Spice".
I am always looking for ways to add orange to my room, so that it looks like I planned my orange countertops, rather than being stuck with them :o)
Here's Todd hanging the rods...notice my orange hammer on the back of the couch. He used it. But he won't admit it.
I think I'm going to paint a couple of wooden plates to hang between the rods.
Todd is (surprisingly) happy with the outcome, but I'm not so sure yet. I have this problem with decorating. I like brown, and I like green. The whole room looks monochromatic, so I was trying to "branch out" with the curtains. What do YOU think? Is it too much? Am I too boring? I can still fold them up and return them, but I just can't decide . If I did return them, what color should I use instead?

Here are a few of the orange accessories around the room so you can see that I do have lots of orange to tie them in....but, man those curtains are bold.








16 comments:
Curtains are the constant dilemma for me in decorating. I end up going with the curtainless look... I didn't know that was in style! ;) I think the orange looks good, really! I like the idea of the three panels and the plates in between. I tried to think if another color would look better, and I really think the orange gives it a fun bright look. And if Todd likes them... that's half the battle, right?
I really like the punch of color. I also like how you hung the rods. You see that a lot in the model homes down here! I say go for it.
I love it. I don't think the curtains are bold at all (although I'm not really one to be afraid of bold). At least from the pictures, the orange looks pretty muted (definitely spice, not tangerine) and you've already got lots of orange candles, etc. I think it makes the room more lively and inviting.
I say go for it. It always takes me a while to get used to a big change like that- like when I added red curtains to our grey/white living room. But now I love them. So give it some time- let it grow on you. And if Todd likes it, that's all the more reason to try it for a while. :0)
I like it a lot! I thought it tied in really well and before you know it I bet you hardly notice them! I really like the three curtain look I may have to try that here!
I've always admired your innate ability to decorate. I think they look great. I'll be able to tell you for sure after my visit next month! :D
I love the curtains! The color, the way you hung them - I think they look awesome!
I would also love a closer look at that job board! :) I've been looking for a better system.
Leave them! They look great! Since you are using orange as your accent color, it's not too much. Now, on the other hand, if you decide to paint the walls the same color and still use them, then you might have a problem!
They look great!
I think they look good. Very creative!
I think they work really well with the decorating scheme you already have. I also love the seperate rods because it lets in much more light than drapes that go all the way across. You are such a wonderful decorator...very homey! (And by the way, while I was typing this, my two year old saw the photo of you from the next post down and said "Who is that funny face girl? What is she doing?" I think it must be the glasses because you have a lovely face!) :)
I think it looks great Felicia! I like the "pop" of color.
I love your window treatments. And the bit of color looks awesome, they coordinate with everything thing else in the room. I like how you used the seperate rods too. I love your style of decorating, it's so warm and cozy.
I like them Felicia! Some day I need to come down and visit your cute house...or you can come up here and visit...Steph is now in Bountiful:)
Luvs,
Becca Jane
i really like it and now i'm trying to figure out how to add orange to my house! i think you've ruined me.
Post a Comment